Monday, June 30, 2008

Joe Update

Friends...

Read the latest from Joe in India. Let him know that your praying. - Tim


To my loving community,

It has been a very eventful week for me in Bangalore. Every morning I went out with Sana my guide and he showed me most of the to get my bearings mostly straight in this very populated city. This was fun and interesting but somewhat frustrating at sometimes. I really wanted to hit the streets and start doing my work but He took me around the fun areas of the city. Sana speaks very little English so it can sometimes be trying but there are reasons and if anything has been good fro me to see so much of the city because I get a better view Bangalore and it's amazing people.

Then for the afternoons I spent the time with three to two muslim women. This time was to teach me the quran and in a conversational setting start asking more about Isa. The time we have spent together has been amazing and has filled me with more of an understanding of muslim culture, and also made them dig deep in their faith to bring me answers many of which they can't explain without blind devotion and no real reason why it is done or backing from their holy book. Luckily though they don't seem to be disappointed at the questions but willing and ready to set the time for the next day to keep discussing islam. This last time we met as a group we started reading "The Torn Veil" which is the story of Gulshan Esther coming to Christ and how God moved in her life to become her beautiful Savior. And then we discussed the chapter. All three ladies this day seemed very interested so I can't wait to see how God will move through this time in their lives but also in my own training.

So things to pray about are to pray for God to move the ladies closer to Him and his unconditional love. Pray for the words coming out of my mouth are of him and not me. And pray that tomorrow when I talk with some more Islamic leaders tomorrow at the mosque that eyes are opened to a light that leads to Christ and his salvation. Finally pray for rest and quality time spent with the father for myself because I can do nothing with out Him but am granted to walk beside Him as he works in the hearts of man.

So I leave you with good glad tidings, my loving community

No comments: